Money-Saving Tips and Links for Strikers

Amy MasciolaAid for Strikers, Community SupportLeave a Comment

Brothers and Sisters,

We wanted to remind you of the resources available to help with health coverage, energy assistance, and other bills. There are many programs available to help us and our families, so please apply!

Apply for Medicaid Benefits

  • Maine: Apply for MaineCare (Maine’s version of Medicaid) through the DHHS office nearest you. You can find a listing here.

  • New Hampshire: Check your eligibility here and then apply here.

  • Vermont: Apply for Medicaid through Vermont Health Connect, Vermont’s health insurance exchange, here.

  • Massachusetts: Apply for MassHealth through Massachusetts Health Connector, Massachusetts’s health insurance exchange, here.

Health Coverage

Prescription Medicine

  • GoodRx provides prices and discounts for thousands of prescription drugs at more than 70,000 local and mail-order pharmacies in the USA.

  • Medication Card and MaineRx (for Maine residents) are similar prescription drug discount programs.

  • Hannaford Pharmacy offers a Healthy Saver Plus Program for low cost generic prescriptions.

Food Banks

Energy Assistance Programs

General Assistance & Veterans Assistance

  • Call your town office or city hall to see what programs are available to help.

  • Veterans are entitled to benefits from the VA. More info is available here and you can find a list of VA locations here.

Solidarity Fund

  • Call your hall to apply for funds from the Solidarity Fund:

    • IBEW Local 2320, Manchester, NH, (603) 669-8657

    • IBEW Local 2326, Colchester, VT, (802) 654-7209

    • IBEW Local 2327, Augusta, ME, (207) 623-2901

    • CWA Local 1400, Portsmouth, NH, (603) 436-4388

Stay in touch with your mobilization coordinators and your union hall. Together, we will continue one day longer, one day stronger.

In solidarity,